Liquid Fish Silage
Bio Marinus™ Organic Liquid Fish Silage
BioGro certified. Bio Marinus™ is manufactured by the enzymatic hydrolysis of fish and is designed to provide a high quality, cost effective liquid fish feed for animals.
Bio Marinus™ is produced from a Sustainable Fishing Resource, harvested according to the New Zealand Quota Management System. Our enzymatic hydrolysis manufacturing method utilises the offal from our fish processing plant.
NUTRIENTS FROM THE SEA FOR HEALTHIER ANIMALS
- Unique enzymatic production process
- A complete range of major and trace minerals
- Rich in essential amino acids
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Non-toxic and palatable
- BioGro certified
TRIALS CONDUCTED BY JIM GIBBS OF LINCOLN UNIVERSITY HAVE DEMONSTRATED:
- A reduction of peak rumen methanogenesis in the daily feeding cycle of more than 33%.
- A reduction of faecal egg counts of internal parasites in ruminants of more than 50%.
- An increase in omega fatty acid content in milk, almost tenfold in certain groups, in dairy cows.
- There were no observed issues with either cow health or milk taint.
- Milk production was not negatively affected by any dose or period of fish hydrolysate feeding.
- The meat’s omega 3 content increased more than fivefold, up to 7.5 mg per gram dry matter.
- In comparison, USA research showed cattle fed with omega 3 supplements had an omega 3 content of approximately 5.5-6.0 mg per gram dry matter.
- This US enriched beef is sold at a premium price due to its health benefits. Feeding animals with liquid fish hydrolysate could give New Zealand farmers the opportunity to charge similar premium prices.
- Feeding animals with liquid hydrolysate could give New Zealand farmers the opportunity to charge similar premium prices.